Saturday, February 24, 2007

Weekly Food Award

So one of the biggest things I was worried about being in India was the food. In order to convey my food experiences I've decided to create a weekly food award post. The first award is the "Green Pepper Award". As many of you know (or you're about to find out) I don't eat green peppers- they give me indigestion. So the "Green Pepper Award" will go to the dish that gave me the most indigestion. The second award is the "It Wasn't Steak, But It Was GOOD Award". I love steak, love red meat and I already miss it terribly. So the "It Wasn't Steak, But It Was GOOD Award" will go to my favorite meal of the week.

Drum roll please....

The first weekly "Green Pepper Award" goes to:
Garlic Chicken at the Grill Room
Now don't get me wrong the chicken was really good, but the lemon butter garlic sauce....
Honorable mention: Schwean Chicken and Hunan Fried Rice from the cafeteria (tongue was on fire for 15 minutes)

Another drum roll....

The first weekly "It Wasn't Steak, But It Was GOOD Award" goes to:
Grilled Chicken, Salad (lettuce, tomato, carrots), Rice, Chicken Dumpling, Butter Naan, Vegetable Biryani & Ice Cream at the BBQ night at the Novotel (my hotel)
A very odd food combo, but on Saturday nights my hotel has a BBQ buffet which is complimentary to us Deloitte peeps. It was REALLY yummy and reminded me of home.
Honorable mention: piece of Domino's pizza leftover from my boss' meeting (I was asked to judge how the pizza sauce here compared to the sauce in the states, which it's a bit sweeter here, but still yummy)

Note: It's only been a week and I've lost weight....

No comments: