Thursday, March 1, 2007

PD Town

I work in a cube. I work in a cube literally in the middle of my floor. I work in a cube literally in the middle of the floor that sticks out into the walkway. So I know when everyone walks by and everyone knows what I'm doing when they walk by (very distracting btw). When I sit up straight in my chair, I can't see directly over the wall of my cube. So if I want to see something I have to stand up. I also use IM to talk to my co-workers (it's a company thing) and the other day someone on my floor was "away" and I needed to talk to them. So I poked my head up out of my cube, looked around the floor, and sat back down very quickly. As I sat down I almost started laughing. I was like "oh my goodness, I'm a prairie dog".

Yes, I felt like a prairie dog. That little creature that pokes up out of it's underground tunnel system to see what's going on in the world and to communicate with other prairie dogs. And once they're done looking for friends & chatting, they go back into their tunnel and get back to work.

Now that's what I think of myself every time I poke my head up out of my cube to look around.

For more information on prairie dogs please visit:

http://www.desertusa.com/dec96/du_pdogs.html or http://www.nationalgeographic.com/burrow/pdog.html

No comments: