Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Do NOT Feed the Mosquitoes

So my new perfume over here is Tropical Splash scented bug spray. I wore it when I went shopping on Saturday, no bites. Sunday I stayed in the hotel to rest (sleep, watch movies, read) and only left my room to eat dinner in the restaurant downstairs. Figured I'd be safe so I didn't put on my "perfume". Bad idea! I walked away with at least four big bites on one arm. I even killed a mosquito that had landed on my plate while I was trying to get salad at the salad bar (the restaurant is very clean otherwise, some people eat on the patio outside it, so I think the bugs get in as people walk between the two). Gross & totally not cool!! I also have this thing that looks like a nightlight in my room that I switch on every night & it's supposed to kill the bugs (no mosquito net around the bed). But my bites itch like crazy!! Unfortunately I forgot my Cortaid and I'm not quite sure what the equivalent is over here yet, so I'm having to suffer through trying not to scratch them. Plus, my malaria medicine is probably what kept me ill for two days and I haven't taken it since so I don't get sick again. Hopefully the sweet mosquitoes that bit me weren't carrying malaria....

Lesson learned- always put on tons of perfume so as to not feed the mosquitoes.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

complain, complain, complain! you get to sleep till noon and you have to wear perfume everyday. boy that sounds rough. there is still snow on the ground here and you're "forced" to deal w/ the heat and the bugs. well i hope you're having fun, i'll keep reading if you keep posting.

Love,
your smurf

Abby said...

Looks like I may have two new guitar cities for you when you get back :)

Unknown said...

Just get one of these!
http://www.humanillnesses.com/original/images/hdc_0001_0002_0_img0167.jpg