My office phone number in Hyderabad is a US number, with a Tennessee area code. The other day my phone rings with another Tennessee area code displayed on the caller id. Here's how the conversation went:
Me: This is Amy.
Tenn: Hi Amy. This is Rob. I saw that you just called. Were you calling about the puppy?
Me: No, I'm sorry. I think you have the wrong number.
Tenn: No, really. Your number just came up in my caller id on my phone. And then last night an Amy left me a message inquiring about my puppy.
Me: No, really. I didn't leave you a message and I think you have the wrong number.
Tenn: (long pause). Ok, thanks.
Me: Bye.
So not even a minute later my phone rings again & the number on the caller id looks familiar...
Me: This is Amy.
Tenn: Hi Amy. You just called me again.
Me: I'm sorry, no I didn't.
Tenn: Yes you did.
Me: No, I didn't. I'm working over in India right now. I think maybe another phone line might be accidentally forwarding calls to me.
Tenn: (very long pause) You're in India right now??
Me: Yes.
Tenn: Oh, so is this a business number?
Me: Yes.
Tenn: What business?
Me: Deloitte.
Tenn: What kind of business is that?
Me: It's an accounting firm and I'm working over here in our India office. We have US phone numbers so that it makes calling US co-workers easier than if we had to dial internationally.
Tenn: (pause) Oh, ok. So, you really didn't call?
Me: No, I didn't call you. Maybe next time you see the number you think is mine you should try to answer it really fast or wait to see if they leave you a voicemail.
Tenn: You're right. Ok, thanks.
Me: Good luck with the puppy.
Tenn: Yeah. Bye.
The whole thing just made me laugh.....But if anyone wants a puppy I can probably get you the number.
Tuesday, February 27, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
THAT IS STINKIN' AWESOME!! :)
Post a Comment